Saturday, August 8, 2020

The 4 Steps I Take to Write Blog Posts for My Clients



For those of you interested in DocuQueen's Writing Services, here's how I write a thorough, high-quality blog post or article. 

1. Research the Topic

No matter the topic I am assigned, I research it thoroughly on Google to analyze a variety of resources to gather information for my blog post. Techniques I use to fully utilize the Google search engine to my advantage include:
  • Trying different wording to search the topic for a variety of resources.
  • Browsing only the top 5 results per search for the most viable and credible information.
  • Gathering information on only the important parts of the assigned topic. 


2. Use Personal Experience as a Supplement

But I use it in an objective manner. When writing a blog post or article for readers interested in a general topic, I try not to use "I" unless I am writing a post specifically about myself. I keep information about myself separate from the blog post content in which I am writing.

For example, I recently started writing again for my first regular Upwork client from Hawaii. The assigned topic was opening and running daycares. I used to work as a Substitute Teacher's Aide at a local daycare and then I was a Head Teacher for a few months at another facility. In my overall experience, I found that I operate best as a Teacher's Aide just based on my personality. 

However, I was able to use this experience to write a variety of blog posts about opening and running a daycare because of my knowledge about the topic. One of the examples I mentioned in one of the articles I ghostwrote for him (without mentioning my experience in the daycare industry) was to have a pool of on-call Substitute Teacher's Aides in case one of your staff calls out to be sure you maintain the proper teacher to child ratio in a daycare facility. 


3. Create an Outline

Based on the overall topic and supporting sub topics, I will create an outline of the blog post. Here's an example of an outline I did for my Upwork client on a blog post about if running a daycare is a lucrative business.

Topic: Is Running a Daycare a Lucrative Business?

Answer: Yes! Running a daycare can be a lucrative business if you get a large enough facility and enough loyal families that trust your facility to care for their children.

Points of Discussion:
  1. Daycare Owner's Salary 
  2. Daycare Teacher Salary
  3. Childcare Assistant Salary
  4. Overhead Costs for Running a Daycare
  5. How Much to Charge for Each Child Attending Your Facility
  6. The Teacher to Child Ratios
  7. How to Handle an Understaffing Situation
  8. Conclusion


4. Write the Blog Post

Then comes the writing which is my favorite part! 

There are 3 stages of writing I personally follow. 
  1. Writing Blitz
    • Write until I am finished the blog post.
    • Include all the necessary details for each topic.
  2. Editing Phase
    • Reread the blog post a few times.
    • Correct any spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.
    • Reword sentences for clarity and flow. 
  3.  Collaborative Phase
    • Send the blog post to the client.
    • Collaborate and make more edits as necessary to fit his/her desired message. 

Let's Type!

Do you have a writing project you need help getting done? Email me at docuqueen101@gmail.com for a free quote today!

1 comment:

  1. You always come up with new idea. Thanks for publishing valuable information. What is you opinion about content writing service in the USA,NJ

    ReplyDelete