Saturday, August 8, 2020

I've Been a Mom for 1,000 Days

I've been a mom for 1,000 days...

Rai turned 2 in March of this year. I have been with the Nurse Family Partnership program since November 2017 which was only months before she was born. My daughter and I officially graduated the program today on the first ever National Nurse Family Partnership virtual graduation. 

...and the Nurse Family Partnership guided me through.

The Nurse Family Partnership is a national program that helps first-time parents throughout the country succeed in the new chapter of their lives with their infants. For the first two years of the child's life, families participating in Nurse Family Partnership have their own personal nurse from the program visit their home to walk families through information such as:
  • Questions about the birthing process.
  • Breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
  • Conquering parenting challenges.
  • Child development information.
  • Resources for health insurance, community help programs, et cetera.
  • Being your advocate in helping you to make life goals. 
  • And so much more!

It Took a Village

I had 2 nurses during the program (their names are being withheld for confidentiality reasons). They were both phenomenal and helpful for me and my daughter!

My first nurse guided me through from before Rai was born up to a little after her first birthday. This nurse moved to Georgia to seek higher career opportunities. 

Nurse "A" was always very supportive and answered all of my questions as best as she could. As a first-time mom, I was always worrying if something would go wrong. She reassured me to just take it one day at a time.

When Nurse "A" moved to Georgia, Nurse "B" took her place a little before I became a single mother. Find out more about my first 2 years of parenthood here. Nurse "B" helped me to keep on top of important tasks that I'd otherwise overlook because of everything I started handling on my own. 

What's to Come

My daughter has grown and developed so much in these past couple years. From crocodile crawling at 9 months, to walking at 14 months, and singing her ABCs perfectly just months after that. She even counts to 20 now, but sometimes she will skip some of the teen numbers like 13 and 17.

I have grown in these last 2 years as a mother as well. I have learned to be patient with my daughter even when my responsibilities overwhelm me sometimes. Taking it one day at a time and enjoying the little things help me to smile even more as I spend time with my daughter. 

Are You a First-Time Parent Expecting a Baby Soon?

If so, make the call to the Nurse Family Partnership today! You'll be glad you did. You can enjoy having a resourceful advocate at your side to help make your life easier as you transition into parenthood!


No comments:

Post a Comment